Hard carbon: high performance made easy
Our new Hard Carbon coating system Ta:C (tetra amorphous carbon thin film “ta-C”) is THE high-performance coating among DLC coatings for machining tools. It is particularly thin. At the same time, it’s twice as hard as traditional PVD coating systems. With its excellent tribological properties and low adhesiveness it is ideally suited for the processing of various materials from aluminium with a high Si content to composite materials.
Broad range of application for hard carbon
Hard Carbon is used where conventional PVD coatings reach their limits – for instance in aircraft manufacturing. The Hard Carbon coating system even serves as a high-performance alternative to diamond coatings and PKD tools. Ta:C’s premier areas of application are: drilling, milling, forming, embossing and punching with a wide range of materials.
- Aluminium and aluminium alloys with a high Si content
- Composite materials, GFRP and CFRP, MMC
- Ligthweight materials, carbon fibre
- Non-ferrous metals such as copper, bronze, brass and precious metals
- Wood, paper
- Aerospace industry
- Alternative to diamond coatings and PKD tools
Benefits and properties of Hard Carbon
In many industries, lightweight materials are moving into the focus of production processes. All the better that Ta:C not only delivers top performance but also particularly beneficial process properties: The sharp edges of machining tools are preserved and are evenly coated. Excellent value for money included!
- Abrasion wear resistance thanks to exceptionally high coat hardness
- Adhesion wear resistance thanks to extremely smooth coat surface
- Low cold welding and built-up edge formation tendency thanks to low friction
- Optimised coat thickness and close-to-contour coating of cutting edges
- Dry processing to MMS thanks to high thermal stability
- Optimal value for money
Hard Carbon DLC coating system Ta:C
|Maximum working temperature||500° C
|Friction coefficient against steel||0,1|
|Coating temperature||200° C|
|Coating thickness||1 µm|
|Colour||Black to rainbow (depends on coat thickness)|
|Preferred Areas of Application||Drilling
Does our Hard Carbon DLC coating system Ta:C perfectly meet your requirements? Or would one of our numerous other hard coatings / one of our numerous PVD coatings be even better suited for your individual requirements?
Just contact us – we gladly advise you and find the perfect coating solution for you!